I was searching the internet (like every single day) when I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ubVVnWglk Where English Actor Tom Hiddleston http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1089991/ teaches a lesson to the Cookie Monster.
“Good things come to those who wait.” or “The cookie taste better when you wait.”
I just felt the need to share this “knowledge” with you today. After all, it’s something we’ve been dealing with many times, but I thought: “This is a good reminder” to share with my followers in my blog.
Now, to get deep into the matter, this is the “psychology concept” of the delayed gratification.
“Is the ability to resist the temptation for an immediate reward and wait for a later reward.
It’s also associated with resisting a smaller but more immediate reward in order to receive a larger or more enduring reward later.”
For a better understanding about this concept http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_gratification
It’s amazing, in my experience, I’ve been able to apply this concept not knowing I was doing it.
-“How?”- You might ask.
– Saving some money now to spend it later: You break your back at work. Don’t waste your money now… It’s better to know how to enjoy it. I wonder about all the times you said: “I wish I was able to see “that” before getting “this”! So… What I do to avoid this unpleasant moment?… Simple: For example, in a shopping mall…I visit all the stores, then I decide what to get. Sometimes I need something, others it’s just a gift to myself. Also… and this one is important! It’s so amazing when you know what you want to buy and you see the same item in different stores under different prices! Even when you feel tired of so much walking you’ll be grateful with your “wallet”.. I mean… your choice.
– Stop and think to choose what’s really important to you: Life, love, jobs. You have always the choice “Freedom” to search, find out, your purpose in this world. BTW! You are the most important “You” in your life. You must be always at the top of your list.. Why? You gotta be the first. Your #1 in everything: Love yourself first to love others. Give yourself a gift first to appreciate it to then give a gift to others. Learn yourself first to teach others.
– Clarify and define goals: a clear understanding of what you want to achieve in a longer-term. All those steps that are going to take you right there, to your ultimate goal. And as you have experienced before… You Are Not Alone! Your goal can be important to someone else, so they’ll jump into your boat.
There are many more “experiences in life” but I just took the freedom to share these ones with you.
So, my friend. I need to tell you this before closing my today’s post:
This the chance you have to use your willpower in a consciously way! The experiences that you patiently wait for and look forward they become much more colorful and memorable than you could ever imagine.
– The Food tastes so much better when you wait for it.
– That day in the movie theater is always enjoyed more when your work is done.
– You pay with cash instead with credit: What you have it’s what you spend. You can use your credit for those difficult and special situations that really requires it.
Delayed gratification gives you the freedom to see the big picture and how everything you do contributes to it. You are creating your own “domino” effect! One piece falls after the another with just a push. Your life’s linked sequence of events, but this time you are experienced them more aware about yourself, your life’s situations, and what’s around you.
🙂 All the light, life, love, and freedom from the heart and soul. ❤